The spring 2013 German/American Journalist Exchange Program will run from June 10-24. Sponsored by the RIAS Berlin Kommission, the program will feature briefings with top-level German political, business and media figures in Berlin, attendance at a media conference in Bonn, program sessions in Cologne, and two days of meetings in Brussels, Belgium, at the EU and NATO.
The electronic journalists selected for this program are:
- Jessica Baker, Writer, CNN, Atlanta, GA
- Jamie Coughlin, Reporter, WMAL Radio, Washington, DC
- Autria Godfrey, Anchor/Reporter, WJLA, Washington, DC
- Darcelle Hall, Producer, WIAT-TV, Birmingham, AL
- Herman Howard, Professor, Benedict College, Columbia, SC
- David Huertas, Director of Photography, KOSA-TV, Odessa, TX
- Chuck Johnston, News Editor, CNN, Atlanta, GA
- Michelle Kearns, Reporter, The Buffalo News, Buffalo, NY
- Alison Klein, MMJ, Voice of America, Washington, DC
- Todd Piro, Anchor/Reporter, NBC Connecticut, Hartford, CT
- Roger Rudick, Freelance Radio Reporter/Producer, Los Angeles, CA
- Gabe Silverman, Multi-Media Producer, The Washington Post, Washington, DC
- Susan Valot, Freelance Radio Reporter, Los Angeles, CA
“The RIAS fellowships continue their track record as one of RTDNF’s most competitive programs, “ said Mike Cavender, RTDNF Executive Director. “This Spring’s class includes talented journalists from small and large television stations, national networks and major U.S. publications.”
Since 1994 the RTDNF has administered this media fellowship as part of its German/American Journalist Exchange Program with the RIAS Berlin Kommission, a bi-national organization established in 1992 to promote understanding between the United States and Germany in the field of broadcasting. Each exchange program is fully financed by the RIAS Berlin Kommission, a non-profit, non-governmental organization.
The application deadline for fall 2013 program in Germany and Europe will be June 1, 2013. For further information on the RTDNF Germany fellowship and the bi-annual application, please visit the RIAS program page or contact Jon Ebinger at firstname.lastname@example.org.