The summer 2014 German/American Journalist Exchange Program will run from June 8-21. Sponsored by the RIAS Berlin Kommission, the program will feature briefings with top-level German political, business and media figures in Berlin, discussions with municipal officials in the former East German city of Dresden, meetings with international organizations in Prague, Czech Republic, and will conclude with meetings in Brussels, Belgium at the EU and NATO. The electronic journalists selected for this program are:
- Vivian Chakarian, Program Coordinator, Voice of America, Washington, DC
- Marilyn Geewax, Senior Business Editor, NPR, Washington, DC
- Leoneda Inge-Barry, Changing Economy Reporter, WUNC Radio, Durham, NC
- Alicia Inns, Anchor, KTVZ NewsChannel 21, Bend, OR
- Jane Paist, Producer, WNBC News 4, New York
- Amanda Palumbo, Producer, KCTV5, Kansas City, MO
- Katherine Perry, Reporter, WATD-FM, Marshfield, MA
- Ross Reynolds, Senior Host, KUOW FM, Seattle, WA
- Yulia Savchenko, Anchor, Voice of America, Washington, DC
- Robert Schaefer, Producer, NPR Newscast, Washington, DC
- Graham Ulkins, Anchor/Reporter, WAFB-TV, Baton Rouge, LA
- Ayesha Williams, Producer, CNN Newsource, Atlanta, GA
- Yang Yang, Producer, Bloomberg Television, Washington, DC
“This Spring’s class of RIAS fellows is an outstanding group of local and national journalists,“ said Mike Cavender, RTDNA Executive Director, “all of whom will be receiving invaluable experience in European-American affairs reporting through the program.”
Since 1994 the RTDNF has administered this media fellowship as part of its German/American Journalist Exchange Program with the RIAS Berlin Kommission. The RTDNF is a 501(c)(3) educational institution that promotes excellence in electronic journalism through research, education and training for news professionals and journalism students. Affiliated with the Radio Television Digital News Association, RTDNF's programs are supported entirely by charitable contributions from individuals, corporations, foundations, RTDNA members and other individuals.
The RIAS Berlin Kommission is a bi-national organization established in 1992 to promote understanding between the United States and Germany in the field of broadcasting. Each exchange program is fully financed by the RIAS Berlin Kommission, a non-profit, non-governmental organization.
The application deadline for the fall 2014 program in Germany and Europe will be June 1, 2014. For further information on the RTDNF Germany fellowship and the bi-annual application, please visit the program's web page or contact Jon Ebinger at firstname.lastname@example.org.