Successful newsrooms need leadership and teamwork. 2018’s Anchor Leadership Summit trained more than 70 local news anchors in coaching and trust-building skills.
In July 2019, RTDNA and the Loyola University Chicago School of Communication present an expanded leadership workshop designed for television and radio anchors and producers and digital producers. Join highly experienced broadcast news trainers Jill Geisler and Scott Libin and a faculty of expert practitioners for two and a half days of hands-on training.
Walk away with coaching skills and leadership know-how that inspire top performance at the news desk and in the newsroom.
When: July 10 at 1pm to July 12 at 4pm
Where: Loyola University, Chicago
2019 summit sessions will include:
- Anchors and Producers - Powerful Partnerships in the Digital Age: Behind the scenes, off the air and offline, anchors, producers, digital producers and EPs play critical roles in editorial decision-making and performance management. This session focuses on practical application of the "soft skills" effective newsroom leaders need to do their best work and to inspire the best work from others.
- Breaking News- Leading on All Platforms: When it's all hands on deck and the adrenaline is flowing, how do newsroom leaders produce performance at the highest level while keeping collateral damage to a minimum?
- Upgrade That Writing- As a Coach: Kick the "fixing" habit. Learn how to build skills, confidence and a culture of quality journalism.
- Social Media - Smart Strategies and Safe Strategies. Some of the best in the business share their secrets for social strategies, managing a personal brand.
- Secrets of Great Storytelling: Master reporter Boyd Huppert teaches what it takes to not only create but coach memorable stories - step by step.
- Workplace Integrity- Leading in a Happy, Ethical, Diverse, Harassment-free Culture: Learn how strong working partnerships create winning newsrooms.
- Conflict Resolution and Tough Conversations in the Newsroom: Difficult conversations can have positive outcomes - if you know how to do them right.
- Covering Communities - Close Up and in Context: Strategies to engage with all corners of your community.
- Brain Trusts: Small group sessions for anchors and producers and digital producers to share production and on-air tips and tricks.
And more to help your news team
- Move beyond "talent coaching" and delivery polishing to learn "Skills without Script."
- Become leaders, not readers and develop your off-camera skills.
- Ask where to from #MeToo.
2018 Anchor Leadership Summit Class
Thanks to our media partners for helping us spread the word.