Successful newsrooms need leadership and teamwork. 2018’s Anchor Leadership Summit trained more than 70 local news anchors in coaching and trust-building skills.
In July 2019, RTDNA and the Loyola University Chicago School of Communication present an expanded leadership workshop designed for television and radio anchors and producers. Join highly experienced broadcast news trainers Jill Geisler and Scott Libin and a faculty of expert practitioners for two and a half days of hands-on training.
Walk away with coaching skills and leadership know-how that inspire top performance at the news desk and in the newsroom.
When: July 10 at 1pm to July 12 at 4pm
Where: Loyola University, Chicago
2019 summit sessions will include:
- Anchors and Producers as Team Leaders: Behind the scenes, off the air and offline, anchors, producers and EPs play critical roles in editorial decision-making and performance management. This session focuses on practical application of the "soft skills" effective newsroom leaders need to do their best work and to inspire the best work from others.
- Breaking News Without Breaking Spirits: When it's all hands on deck and the adrenaline is flowing, how do newsroom leaders produce performance at the highest level while keeping collateral damage to a minimum?
- Being a Coach, Not a Corrections Officer: Kick the "fixing" habit. Learn how to build skills, confidence and a culture of quality journalism.
- Anchors, Producers and Resilience: Hey, if this were easy, everybody would do it. But you don't have to choose between professional success and personal well-being. Learn how to avoid sacrificing yourself or your standards of journalism.
- Social Media Master Class. Some of the best in the business share their secrets for social strategies and managing a personal brand.
- Tough Calls, Tight Deadlines, High Stakes. Ethical decision-making skills for the modern media landscape. Real-world cases. Realistic responses.
- Secrets of Great Storytelling: A master reporter teaches what it takes to create memorable stories - step by step.
And more to help your news team
- Move beyond "talent coaching" and delivery polishing to learn "Skills without Script."
- Become leaders, not readers and develop your off-camera skills.
- Learn keys to being a source-building pro.
- Practice and prepare for difficult conversations.
- Ask where to from #MeToo.
2018 Anchor Leadership Summit Class