NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OF OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
1. Eligibility: The RTDNA #FreedomSpeaks Selfie Promotion (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry, who have a Twitter account, and follow the Radio Television Digital News Association (“RTDNA”) Twitter account. Registration for a Twitter account is free. Employees of RTDNA and the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: Radio Television Digital News Association, 529 14th Street, NW, Suite 1240 Washington, D.C. 20045. This Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Inc.
3. Timing: The Promotion begins on October 20, 2014 at 10:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”), ends on October 26, 2014 at 12:00 PM ET (the “Promotion Period”) and consist of one (1) drawing as set forth in the chart below. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
|Drawing Period||Start Date
(at 10:00 AM)
(at 12:00 PM)
(at 12:00 PM)
|1||October 20, 2014||October 26, 2014||October 26, 2014|
4. How To Enter: You will need a Twitter account (“Account”) to participate. You must agree to comply with the Twitter Terms of Service (https://twitter.com/tos) in order to create an Account. Log in to your Account, and follow @RTDNA. To enter the Promotion, participants must send a tweet contain the hashtag #FreedomSpeaks and @RTDNA as well as a photo of the entrant with the sign provided on rtdna.org in order to qualify as an entry. Each participant is limited to one (1) entry. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or Twitter handle. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses or Twitter handles, identities, registrations and logins, or any other similar tactics will void that entrant’s entry(ies). Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries that it finds unlawful, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, or libelous or that contains material that violates or infringes upon another’s rights, or disparages the Sponsor. Any use of an automated system to repeatedly participate is prohibited and constitutes grounds for disqualification.
5. Winner Determination: Sponsor will randomly select the potential winners from all eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period, on or around the dates listed in the chart above in Section 3. The drawings will take place at the Sponsor’s offices at the address set forth above. The potential winners will be notified via a Twitter message to the Twitter Account they used to post their entry tweet and enter the Promotion. In order to receive the Twitter message notification, the potential winner’s “Tweet Privacy” Account setting must be “unchecked.” Receiving the prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. If potential winner does not reply to the Twitter message notifying him/her that he/she is a potential winner within three (3) days of the date that the Twitter message notification was posted with the information requested, he/she forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
6. Prizes: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE (awarded at the end of the entry period).
One (1) RTDNA membership in a category applicable to the winner and not to exceed a value of $199. If for any reason the advertised prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Winners are responsible for any applicable taxes on prizes. Limit: one (1) prize per person during entire Promotion Period. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received for the Entry Period.
7. Release: By participating in this Promotion, each participant agrees to the extent allowable under applicable law, to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective agents and Twitter, Inc. (“Released Parties”) from any and all liability or any injury, loss, damage, claim or right of action of any kind arising from or in connection with this Promotion or any Promotion-related activity or the receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize won.
8. General Conditions: To the extent permitted by law, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If the Promotion is terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action using the procedure outlined above. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Limitation of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; or (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Weekly Entry Period, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Columbia or the appropriate District of Columbia Court located in Washington, DC; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the District of Columbia, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the District of Columbia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the District of Columbia.
11. Severability: If the application of any provision of these Official Rules to any particular facts or circumstances shall for any reason be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable by a court, arbitration panel or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction, then (a) the validity, legality and enforceability of such provision as applied to any other particular facts or circumstances, and the other provisions of these Official Rules, shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby; and (b) such provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent possible. In addition, if any provision contained in these Official Rules shall for any reason be held to be excessively broad as to duration, geographical scope, activity or subject, it shall be construed by limiting and reducing it, so as to be enforceable to the extent compatible with applicable law.
13. Winner List: A complete list of winners will be posted on this page.